BBO Discussion Forums: JEC #3 Board 18 - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

JEC #3 Board 18 Exclusion agreements

#1 User is offline   benlessard 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:All games. i really mean all of them.

Posted 2012-March-02, 21:06

1D is unb--1H rel
1S = both m--1NT relay
2C = C are => D (so at least 5C)
2H art GF
3D = 1255

here
3H = clubs RKC
3S = D RKC
3Nt = to play
4C = H RCK
4D = exclusion 1
4H= to play
4S= exclusion 2
our default is HSCD for trumps and low to high for shortness. However ive never given exclusion agreemets in relay situation to my partner who is still learning the system. I think exclusion 1 should suggest the lowest trumps playing suit.. (suggest clubs so D void)--

In case of 3 suiter VS a void its simply a nightmare. Im open to good exclusion agreements.

In the end i jsut asked for keycards and the Q of clubs was enough for me to be in 6C, 7C need S 3-3 or QJ-xxxx and no H lead.
From Psych "I mean, Gus and I never see eye-to-eye on work stuff.
For instance, he doesn't like being used as a human shield when we're being shot at.
I happen to think it's a very noble way to meet one's maker, especially for a guy like him.
Bottom line is we never let that difference of opinion interfere with anything."

#2 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2012-March-02, 21:23

View Postbenlessard, on 2012-March-02, 21:06, said:

In the end i jsut asked for keycards and the Q of clubs was enough for me to be in 6C, 7C need S 3-3 or QJ-xxxx and no H lead.

You were correct not to bid the grand slam. Nice analysis. I rate it has a chance in the upper 40% (assuming a heart opening lead on most hands). You can actually defeat it sometimes even when spades are 3-3, with a heart lead. For instance, make west something very mild. like

Jxx
xxxx
xxx
9xx

It can not be made on a heart play to trick one.
--Ben--

#3 User is offline   benlessard 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:All games. i really mean all of them.

Posted 2012-March-02, 21:36

On a a non H lead you need you need S for 5 tricks and trumps 2-2, or spades for 5 trick and trumps 3-1 and the D ruffing finesse. Or S for 4 tricks trumps 2-2 and ruffing finesse.

On a H lead grand slam is like very low.

Very tough hand to compute i think.
From Psych "I mean, Gus and I never see eye-to-eye on work stuff.
For instance, he doesn't like being used as a human shield when we're being shot at.
I happen to think it's a very noble way to meet one's maker, especially for a guy like him.
Bottom line is we never let that difference of opinion interfere with anything."

#4 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-March-05, 03:09

Since you start your RKCB so low you could, for example, dedicate a follow-up response to cover the exclusion hands, checking back on whether partner's key card response included a specific ace. For example, after 3 perhaps 4 = Q ask; 4 = K ask; 4M = void in M (1st step = that ace, others as for a Q ask); 4NT = diamond void (as 4M). Presumably you use the 4M and up bids as SSAs now so you would obviously have to run those via a queen ask if you did this.

A better solution would probably be to invest in a step for relay continuations. In your given auction this might give you:-
3 = relay (presumably asking for controls)
3 = clubs RKC
4 = D RKC
3NT = to play
4 = H RCK
4 = to play

Having both RKCB and relay continuations makes your slam bidding much more accurate. There are many hands where relays work out better. Since the relay will also cover the Exclusion hands quite well you could also choose to reclassify the extra bids for something less nebulous. For example, you might make 4 6KCB for the longest 2 suits (here + ) and so on for other unused calls.
(-: Zel :-)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users