• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Another do you come in?

#21 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-November-19, 04:30

How were the trumps played ? You can beat this by force, but you have to play spades to get your ruff on the 3rd round.

It's an unlucky hand in that 3 doesn't make in practice (swap the 10 and 9 and you can make it without double dummy play with a normal lead despite the poor trump break)

#22 User is offline   AL78 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, hiking, cycling, gardening, weight training

Posted 2022-November-19, 07:46

View PostCyberyeti, on 2022-November-19, 04:30, said:

How were the trumps played ? You can beat this by force, but you have to play spades to get your ruff on the 3rd round.

It's an unlucky hand in that 3 doesn't make in practice (swap the 10 and 9 and you can make it without double dummy play with a normal lead despite the poor trump break)

I'm not good enough to find that defence at trick one and I doubt I will ever get anywhere near that level.

Declarer ran the jack to my ace, I returned a heart, ruffed. Clubs were played which ended up setting up a dummy entry, declarer used it to play a diamond through partner then he took the double finesse line in spades leaving partner to take her ace whenever and that was our fourth and final trick. Declarer pretty much found the perfect line on the given lay of the cards.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

16 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users