Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What would you bid?

#1 User is offline   thorvald 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-September-30, 15:23

Some times, when looking at the full deal some bid seems obvious, so you get this hand without knowing if it is a bot hand or a human hand

And I rotated it to make south the bidder
Thorvald Aagaard
Mobile : +45 22 99 55 25
http://www.netbridge.dk
http://www.thorvald.dk

#2 User is offline   LBengtsson 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-October-01, 02:00

I do not think it is obvious. What is 2 showing here? I guess (but not a guess) it shows an unbalanced hand and 17-20 forcing or something like that. I admit I not familiar with all sequences in 2/1. You can give simple preference with 3 but that seems a lesser option. But with stoppers in both the other suits and three 10s you could bid 3NT - but the good hand will be on the table.

The one bid I would not be making is 3. 1 - 1NT - 2 is only forcing for one round: it is not a GF.

#3 User is offline   michel444 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-October-01, 06:10

View PostLBengtsson, on 2022-October-01, 02:00, said:

I do not think it is obvious. What is 2 showing here? I guess (but not a guess) it shows an unbalanced hand and 17-20 forcing or something like that. I admit I not familiar with all sequences in 2/1. You can give simple preference with 3 but that seems a lesser option. But with stoppers in both the other suits and three 10s you could bid 3NT - but the good hand will be on the table.

The one bid I would not be making is 3. 1 - 1NT - 2 is only forcing for one round: it is not a GF.

I BID 3 EVEN THAT 3 SEEM OBVIOUSE
Michel

#4 User is online   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-October-01, 15:19

View PostLBengtsson, on 2022-October-01, 02:00, said:

2 to me shows 5-4 or something more extreme.
I agree that 3 is NF and inappropriate, also that 3NT would be a pity although it is the obvious bid to most of the club.
3 shows exactly 3 cards and is forcing.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users