BBO Discussion Forums: How does Partnership Desk work??? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How does Partnership Desk work???

#1 User is offline   NZ_Acol 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-March-13, 14:16

I am trying to get a partner for St Patrick's Day Tournament, where I want to play in my browser on my PC. The advice I see in the question / answers is to go the the Partnership Desk. So, to get to the Partnership Desk, I go to Virtual Clubs -> All clubs , I search for "Patricks"... and nothing appears. What am I doing wrong? Where is the Partnership Desk for St Patrick's Day??? - In the meantime, I have placed a post here https://www.bridgeba...partnerteacher/

#2 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2024-March-13, 15:18

I don't know if anything has changed in the meantime (somehow doubt it) but a few years ago the Partnership Desk was effectively useless both because most people there were not looking for a partner (just waiting for their previously agreed partner) and a good part of the rest were "experts" expecting you to pay for their tournament. Both groups would be easy to move somewhere else or handle in a different way, but BBO didn't seem interested.

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2024-March-14, 01:34

View PostNZ_Acol, on 2024-March-13, 14:16, said:

I am trying to get a partner for St Patrick's Day Tournament, where I want to play in my browser on my PC. The advice I see in the question / answers is to go the the Partnership Desk. So, to get to the Partnership Desk, I go to Virtual Clubs -> All clubs , I search for "Patricks"... and nothing appears. What am I doing wrong? Where is the Partnership Desk for St Patrick's Day??? - In the meantime, I have placed a post here https://www.bridgeba...partnerteacher/

Each game has its own partnership desk. Saint Patrick's games are not yet open for registration, that's why you could not find them (nor add your name to the partnership desk). Registration for the free games on St Patrick opens 24 hours before they start, so on March 16 you will be able to see these games on BBO, add your name to the partnership desk on the ones you want to play, and either wait to be invited, or invite someone else if you see someone you like.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users