BBO Discussion Forums: How to resolve TCR % lower than required - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to resolve TCR % lower than required

#1 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2024-February-21, 18:29

The easiest way to increase your TCR is to play lots of robot duplicates and instant robot duplicates. How many tournaments you need to play depends on how many tournaments you've played in during the previous 60 days. The more you've played, the more you need to play to move your TCR significantly.

Daylongs and Instant 100 tournaments don't affect your TCR.

#2 User is offline   Salk73 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-March-11, 00:10

Hello!

This workaround sounds less than desirable because users may incur in loss of TCR due to getting disconnected while playing tournaments (it happened to me quite regularly and it's very unlikely due to my Internet provider).

BBO should offer players the possibility of returning to the table automatically in case of brief disconnection, especially considering that those loss of connection may come from BBO's own servers not functioning properly.

I wrote to the customer support about all this and I was told that such feature exist for tournaments users pay to play.

#3 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2024-March-11, 10:22

TCR% is not for the player - it is for the tournament organizer.

Automatic reseating is a different story, and you should of course try to get yourself reseated and finish the tournament you signed up for. If the tournament organizer doesn't want to deal with it (ever, or for that one "every 10 minutes" disconnect they all have), maybe avoid their tournaments if you do have connection issues.

But if you *are* someone who frequently has disconnection issues - no matter why you have them - you are a burden on the tournament organizer, and they can decide not to deal with you. It isn't your fault, it's just you're more trouble than you're worth until you can figure out what is going on (and if it's nothing you can do, well, there are tournaments who are willing to put up with it).

It feels to the player like it's a judgement - and frankly, for the "runners", it is. For the frequent disconnectors - even the "today's internet was bad and I frequently disconnected, but the rest of the month is fine" ones - it's frustrating, but only a judgement on your internet provider.

90% TCR tournaments are saying "we expect people who enter this game to finish it. If you frequently fail to do so, we don't want you, it's unfair to all the other players who do finish their tournaments. No, I don't care *why* you fail to do so, it's just as unfair to the other players no matter the reason".
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#4 User is offline   Salk73 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-March-12, 01:54

Perhaps I was not clear about what I meant with *brief* disconnections.

When I happened to lose connection to the BBO server, I was able to log in back within 10 seconds each time.

In such cases, I think there should be automatic reseating for players because there is no way that this could cause such a "burden" for the tournament organizer and other players. As additional fail safe system, each player could be given a max number of allowed reseatings, in case the disconnections are still brief but too many during a single tournament.

That would be the fair thing to do, in my opinion.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2024-March-18, 10:11

View PostSalk73, on 2024-March-12, 01:54, said:

Perhaps I was not clear about what I meant with *brief* disconnections.

When I happened to lose connection to the BBO server, I was able to log in back within 10 seconds each time.

In such cases, I think there should be automatic reseating for players because there is no way that this could cause such a "burden" for the tournament organizer and other players. As additional fail safe system, each player could be given a max number of allowed reseatings, in case the disconnections are still brief but too many during a single tournament.

That would be the fair thing to do, in my opinion.

Players are normally reseated if they reconnect shortly after getting disconnected.

But if they've been disconnected long enough for the TD to put in a sub, it depends on how the organizer set up the tournament. They can choose to have players reseated automatically at the beginning of the next hand. All the ACBL tourneys are set up like this.

If it's not automatic, you can chat to the TD and ask them to put you back in.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users