BBO Discussion Forums: Has U.S. Democracy Been Trumped? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 1078 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Has U.S. Democracy Been Trumped? Bernie Sanders wants to know who owns America?

#10861 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2018-August-25, 15:20

Criticism of Q touches a nerve? And I am the one with a problem? That's just weird.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#10862 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-August-25, 15:56

Winstonm, on 2018-August-25, 15:20, said:

Criticism of Q touches a nerve? And I am the one with a problem? That's just weird.

Is that something like the "T" zone? Only Q I know (and like) is bbq. ;). I gather this QAnon is yet another disinfo effort by our deep state friends in the intelligence community? Since you brought it up, do elaborate.
The Grand Design, reflected in the face of Chaos...it's a fluke!

#10863 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

Posted 2018-August-25, 16:03

jjbrr, on 2018-August-25, 14:49, said:

alucard, when you hand-wave terms like alt-right and racists, have you actually spent any time reading and absorbing the things discussed on places like t_d, 4chan, qanon, incels, redpill, etc where these people gather? This is a serious question. What is your opinion of them?

I was summarizing what is the gist of (mostly) Winston's repeated railings against DT and his "incomprehensible" as well as reprehensible supporters. From your list, I only have heard of QAnon as some kind of "deep throat" source of revelations from the inside? Anyone that stereotypes or categorizes people only exposes their own lack of intelligence, no matter which side of the fence they sit.

#10864 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-August-25, 17:44

just to be clear, alucard, you admit you're completely ignorant of the bullshit you're preaching about?
OK
bed

#10865 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

Posted 2018-August-25, 18:49

jjbrr, on 2018-August-25, 17:44, said:

just to be clear, alucard, you admit you're completely ignorant of the bullshit you're preaching about?

Try to be civil. I use words to convey an image. If you cannot comprehend this usage and rather than ask for clarification, you declare it bullshit and preaching, then where are your communication skills?

#10866 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-August-25, 18:58

@alucard So yes, you're completely ignorant of your own bullshit. ok. you deserve the repercussions, of which there are regrettably few here.

Meanwhile, RIP John McCain. That happened a lot faster than I imagined, and it hurts a lot more than I expected. I disagreed with his politics often, but he deserves to be remembered as a hero. We lost a good one.
OK
bed

#10867 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-August-25, 19:20

"No ma’am,” McCain said. “He’s a decent family man, a citizen that I just happen to have disagreements with on fundamental issues, and that’s what this campaign is all about.”

“He is a decent person and a person that you do not have to be scared of as President,” McCain said. “If I didn’t think I’d be one heck of a better President I wouldn’t be running, and that’s the point. I admire Sen. Obama and his accomplishments, I will respect him. I want everyone to be respectful, and let’s make sure we are. Because that’s the way politics should be conducted in America.”

OK
bed

#10868 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

Posted 2018-August-25, 19:45

jjbrr, on 2018-August-25, 18:58, said:

@alucard So yes, you're completely ignorant of your own bullshit. ok. you deserve the repercussions, of which there are regrettably few here.

Meanwhile, RIP John McCain. That happened a lot faster than I imagined, and it hurts a lot more than I expected. I disagreed with his politics often, but he deserves to be remembered as a hero. We lost a good one.

Oh dear, expressing ideas contrary to your thinking deserves punishment? Really? Or do you just object to other methods of approaching a subject fraught with polarizing tensions and tribalism? What's next? Fingers in ears while yelling lalalala?

p.s. Keating five.

#10869 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-August-25, 19:49

alucard, when you can speak at all about the sources i mentioned, we'll be on an equal plane. until then, you're an ignorant piece of *****, as many others on this forum have already realized. hope that helps.
OK
bed

#10870 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

Posted 2018-August-25, 20:24

jjbrr, on 2018-August-25, 19:49, said:

alucard, when you can speak at all about the sources i mentioned, we'll be on an equal plane. until then, you're an ignorant piece of *****, as many others on this forum have already realized. hope that helps.

No interest in stooping that low.

#10871 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-August-25, 20:36

barmar, tell us again why youre the most ineffectual moderator in forum history
OK
bed

#10872 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-August-25, 20:56

jjbrr, on 2018-August-25, 20:36, said:

barmar, tell us again why youre the most ineffectual moderator in forum history

I'm a computer programmer who got promoted to "moderator" because I've been on the Internet for 35 years, and we didn't actually have any official moderators. I try to do as little moderating as I can get away with. I haven't even logged into the forum for 2 days.

#10873 User is offline   jjbrr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-August-25, 21:12

im at a complete loss. did you just admit to being completely ineffectual? i was joking.
OK
bed

#10874 User is offline   hrothgar 

• Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2018-August-26, 05:10

barmar, on 2018-August-25, 20:56, said:

I'm a computer programmer who got promoted to "moderator" because I've been on the Internet for 35 years, and we didn't actually have any official moderators. I try to do as little moderating as I can get away with. I haven't even logged into the forum for 2 days.

Barry, long long ago Inquiry asked me if I wanted to be a moderator. I refused, telling him that I would do a bad job and that a bad moderator is much worse than no moderator.

You really should do the same because you are awful at this.
Alderaan delenda est

#10875 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-August-26, 07:21

Well, we spend far too many lines discussing Trump. but that's a national problem comparable to opioid addiction. Maybe we could require that after three posts about Trump the poster is not allowed another Trump post until he says something about his garden, a trip he took, or a book he read. Or something.

Or here's an example. I went to a pulmonologist Friday because I have been having altitude issues even at modest heights such as 4000 feet and severe problems at 7000 feet. He had some records sent to him from my general practitioner. The medical community really sucks at technology. The records were in a bad format on the GP's site and after he faxed them over they were unreadable. Fortunately I had already saved those records in a pdf format and sent them as an email attachment to the person in his office who handled such things. Unfortunately she wasn't in that day and she had not done anything with these records, and nobody in the office knew how to get into her email. So I borrowed a computer in the office, logged into my email, went to sent mail, brought up the pdf and printed it out. Whew!. Look guys, I'm 79. I am not supposed to be saving 40 year olds from bungled technology issues.

Ok, now I can get back to Trump in my next three posts.If the mod doesn't expel me.
Ken

#10876 User is offline   Winstonm 

• Interests:Art, music

Posted 2018-August-26, 08:36

kenberg, on 2018-August-26, 07:21, said:

Well, we spend far too many lines discussing Trump. but that's a national problem comparable to opioid addiction. Maybe we could require that after three posts about Trump the poster is not allowed another Trump post until he says something about his garden, a trip he took, or a book he read. Or something.

Or here's an example. I went to a pulmonologist Friday because I have been having altitude issues even at modest heights such as 4000 feet and severe problems at 7000 feet. He had some records sent to him from my general practitioner. The medical community really sucks at technology. The records were in a bad format on the GP's site and after he faxed them over they were unreadable. Fortunately I had already saved those records in a pdf format and sent them as an email attachment to the person in his office who handled such things. Unfortunately she wasn't in that day and she had not done anything with these records, and nobody in the office knew how to get into her email. So I borrowed a computer in the office, logged into my email, went to sent mail, brought up the pdf and printed it out. Whew!. Look guys, I'm 79. I am not supposed to be saving 40 year olds from bungled technology issues.

Ok, now I can get back to Trump in my next three posts.If the mod doesn't expel me.

Sneaky, Ken, posting how you trumped the tech problem.

I, on the other hand, have no problem with the moderator as I only post about David Dennison. Speaking of which, the reason it is so easy to see Dennsion as accepting help from Russia is because of his character and personality, his modus operandi for life, one of being resentful and full of disdain for any and all laws that conflict with his personal desires. When he didn't want the voting world to know about his sex life 2 weeks prior to election day, he summoned his fixer and his accountant, and his publishing friend, totally ignoring campaign finance laws, and orchestrated a buy out and kill of those stories.

This may seem like the action that all rich persons might take - but it is something deeper. It goes to character. Just as his instincts to hide his sexual history led him to ignore the law, so , too, did his desire for an advantage against Hillary Clinton lead his campaign to ignore the FBI warnings about Russian reachout, in fact actively seeking to engage with Russians to receive that type of information.

Is it really that difficult to think - simply because of who he is, his history, and his character - that Dennison would conspire in an illegal action with a foreign actor or actors if he thought it could help win the election? Would you think the same of Barrack Obama? Or John McCain?

Character matters.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#10877 User is offline   y66 

Posted 2018-August-26, 09:20

kenberg, on 2018-August-26, 07:21, said:

My dog recently had knee surgery. His surgeon's scheduler called my vet and requested my dog's medical records a week before the pre-surgery appointment. After the surgery I received a copy of the surgeon's clinical notes which helped me understand what he did. Perhaps my dog's surgeon's scheduler can talk to your pulmonologist's record keeping person. I suspect this has more to do with good record keeping practices and due diligence than technology. Still, an investment in a flash drive is probably a good idea. My dog is doing well but no frisbee for 10 weeks which is tough for him.
If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

#10878 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-August-26, 09:44

Two admissions:
1. I love hrothgar.
2. The thought of him as a dispassionate moderator made me LOL.
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#10879 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-August-26, 14:06

hrothgar, on 2018-August-26, 05:10, said:

Barry, long long ago Inquiry asked me if I wanted to be a moderator. I refused, telling him that I would do a bad job and that a bad moderator is much worse than no moderator.

You really should do the same because you are awful at this.

That's essentially what I've done. I leave most of it to DIana.

And I think we both consider threads like this one to be mostly free-for-alls, where we tolerate quite a bit. As you know, I only really object when people start calling each other really derogatory names like s***-for-brains.

#10880 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-August-26, 14:37

I think moderating should be done in moderation and I have no quarrel at all with the way it is done here. As to name calling, I recommend the response used by of one of my favorite 5 year olds, a youngster from Brazil whose English was good enough for "What you say is what you are, except the goodest part". The last was no doubt tacked on in case her tormentor would, using the first part, tack on "And also brilliant" or some such.
Ken

• 1078 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

76 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 76 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Facebook,
  2. Google