• You cannot reply to this topic

lead problem

#41 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-June-11, 07:25

View Postgnasher, on 2011-June-11, 04:48, said:

Partner has had a chance to give suit preference in trumps at trick one, so we might have some idea.

I have a lot to say, in response to this, but then we can never get out of this topic at the top of hijacking the thread :D

View Postgnasher, on 2011-June-11, 04:48, said:

(Sorry about the nonsense I posted in an earlier version of this post - too early in the morning.)

Dont worry, i didnt even see what it was :P

Back to the topic, i still stand by what i said earlier, which was stating that nothing was auto or so clear about this lead. Different choice by very good players in this topic supports my argument. Heck..EVEN AFTER seeing the dummy, it seems like we need to play suit preference in trump suit to figure if our lead was good or not. Or we have to duck the J when played toward's dummy's Kxxxx and we hold AQxxx so that our auto lead works...wow. Of course no need to mention, since we play suit preference in trump suit, not count, we also somehow know declarer doesnt have 5.

When i become as good player as you Andy and can figure and sort all these things at the table, i will lead and claim that i wont even look at my hand for doing it :P But untill then, for me it is not as clear as it is to you.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#42 User is offline   gnasher 

• Andy Bowles
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-June-11, 08:22

I didn't say that a trump would always turn out to be the right lead. Obviously if we have three clubs and a diamond to take on top I'd prefer to have led a club.

Not did I suggest that the actual layout justified my choice.
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn

#43 User is offline   gnasher 

• Andy Bowles

Posted 2011-June-11, 08:28

View Posthatchett, on 2011-June-11, 07:21, said:

There are lots of ways you can make, throwing a when the is ruffed, leads to a double squeeze, .

Are you sure about that?
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn

#44 User is offline   hatchett 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-June-11, 10:09

View Postgnasher, on 2011-June-11, 08:28, said:

Are you sure about that?

Yes I am sure, pitch a on the K. THey have to play a when they ruff the . Win the in hand.
Ruff, ruff , play last trump to effect double squeeze.

#45 User is offline   gnasher 

• Andy Bowles

Posted 2011-June-11, 10:19

View Posthatchett, on 2011-June-11, 10:09, said:

Yes I am sure, pitch a on the K. THey have to play a when they ruff the . Win the in hand.
Ruff, ruff , play last trump to effect double squeeze.

Sorry, I thought you said you were pitching a club (in fact, you did, but I see now that it was just a typo). I was wondering how you proposed to play a double squeeze with a pivot suit of A opposite Kxx.

#46 User is offline   hatchett 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-June-11, 10:44

View Postgnasher, on 2011-June-11, 10:19, said:

Sorry, I thought you said you were pitching a club (in fact, you did, but I see now that it was just a typo). I was wondering how you proposed to play a double squeeze with a pivot suit of A opposite Kxx.

I said I was pitching a when they ruffed the , I don't think I stated what i was pitching on theK.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users