BBO Discussion Forums: Payment options - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Payment options Bank unwilling to process payments for security reasons can you help

#1 User is offline   Kiladora 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-March-16, 04:28

I have been trying to pay BBO but my bank states that the new security requirements are not in place at BBO and for this reason they are unable to process my payments. There has never been a problem before but these new requirements were introduced in March. Can you help me find an alternative way of paying or sort out the security requirements very soon. Otherwise I assume that many of your members will need to discontinue bridge on line??
Anne Gilchrist

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2022-March-17, 01:17

Some banks now have an additional security requirement called "3D Secure". Implementing that will require redesigning our purchase page. It's on our to-do list, but it's not going to happen right away.

#3 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-March-17, 02:58

Online payments changed in the UK a couple of days ago, requiring more verification for some transactions. My Visa card no longer works for online groceries from one major store, so it is not just BBO, but it shows that it not just small retailers facing an issue.

I believe this will become standard throughout Europe over the next few months.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users