Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

revoke ? 2/1 ACBL

#1 User is offline   dickiegera 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-August-17, 15:17

I am playing a 3 contract. On trick 2 I lead a small diamond to the dummy and LHO wins with small diamond and RHO plays a small spade.

2 tricks later I play ace diamonds from my hand and RHO now plays his Jack of diamonds. LHO plays small diamond.

The Jack of diamonds would have won earlier trick. Jack was a singleton.

1 trick penalty or 2 trick penalty?

Thank you

#2 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-August-17, 17:38

One trick.

Law 64A2: When a revoke is established:
2. and the trick on which the revoke occurred was not won by the offending player then, if the offending side won that or any subsequent trick, after play ends one trick is transferred to the non-offending side.

The revoke was established when your LHO led to trick three.

Law 63A1: A revoke becomes established:
1. when the offender or his partner leads or plays to the following trick (any such play, legal or illegal, establishes the revoke).

--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#3 User is offline   axman 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-August-17, 21:02

View Postdickiegera, on 2021-August-17, 15:17, said:

2 tricks later I play ace diamonds from my hand and RHO now plays his Jack of diamonds. LHO plays small diamond.

Thank you

By paying attention, once RHO POOT you have L57A play penalty options against LHO. Advise prompt director assistance.

#4 User is offline   sanst 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-August-18, 01:46

This is a situation where the automatic one trick adjustment might be insufficient. Only the TD can decide this and apply law 64C1 if necessary.
BTW, it’s not a penalty, but an adjustment. Because it happens so often, the WBFLC decided decades ago that it’s too impractical to let the TD every time decide what would have happened had the revoke not occurred.

Looking again at the post, I would say that you were lucky to get one trick automatic adjustment. If there hadn’t been a revoke, your RHO would have won the trick that your LHO actually won. The revoke didn’t result in a trick for the opponents that they wouldn’t have made without it. So the adjustment trick was a nice present. But only if we have the hands and the play, we can give a definite answer.

To answer your question: the trick wasn’t won by the offending player, so it is one trick.
Joost

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users