Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Problems with Teaching Table

#1 User is offline   LionHeart1 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-October-12, 03:30

I want to arrange a teaching table with predealt hands. I meet some problems with using them. First of all: if I have a .lin file with more than one deal, only the first two ones will be imported into my library. Therefore I am obliged to import the hands one by one. This is a discomfort, but not an inextricable difficulty. The other problem is more serious. I cannot use these deals. As I open a teaching table and I try to use them, I can select the library containing the deals but cannot load them. Only random deals can be loaded. Does anybody have an idea, why and how to solve this problem?

#2 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-October-12, 03:55

OK, I just went to a teaching table, sat with myself at every seat, Then
  • Account
  • Deal archive
  • select a hand that you are interested in
  • click on the three white lines in the top right corner and click the export option
  • click on 'upload deal to table
  • you should now be in business.

Non legit hoc

#3 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-October-12, 03:58

I am not seeing any problem importing LIN files - all the hands are there and they appear fine.

I am seeing some problems using certain saved folders at a Teaching table. Occasionally, and especially with LIN files from Vugraph matches with commentary, I am getting deal rejected when I redeal for the next hand. If I redeal again, it skips the failed hand and gives me the next one. Occasionally I will get multiple hands in an archive set fail.

Interestingly, when I use the same archive set at a Bidding table I do not see these problems.

I have not seen any problems using an archive set for tournaments, but then I've not used an archive of a Vugraph match with commentary for a tournament for some considerable time.

I do think that you've found a real bug although I suspect your LIN file has some extraneous material in it that could be removed to resolve the problem. How was it created?
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#4 User is offline   LionHeart1 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-October-12, 05:32

View Postpaulg, on 2020-October-12, 03:58, said:

I am not seeing any problem importing LIN files - all the hands are there and they appear fine.

I am seeing some problems using certain saved folders at a Teaching table. Occasionally, and especially with LIN files from Vugraph matches with commentary, I am getting deal rejected when I redeal for the next hand. If I redeal again, it skips the failed hand and gives me the next one. Occasionally I will get multiple hands in an archive set fail.

Interestingly, when I use the same archive set at a Bidding table I do not see these problems.

I have not seen any problems using an archive set for tournaments, but then I've not used an archive of a Vugraph match with commentary for a tournament for some considerable time.

I do think that you've found a real bug although I suspect your LIN file has some extraneous material in it that could be removed to resolve the problem. How was it created?

Thank you all for your help, meanwhile I managed to resolve both problems.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users