• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wayward Mice on BBO

#1 User is offline   hallway 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Founder/Manager - Beginner Intermediate Lounge (BIL) on BBO

Posted 2003-July-18, 16:56

There is a saying that for every one that speaks up there are a dozen who suffer in silence. If this be true then there are quite a number of BBO Users who are plagued by their

WAYWARD MOUSE (CURSOR)

I WAS one of those and have played with and kibitzed others who have encountered similar problems.

Do you have an Optical Mouse ?
Does it work perfectly on all others Applications, Programs?

If the answer is Yes read on -

On BBO
Does the cursor 'stick' ?
Do you sometimes have to click more than once to get a card to move/a bid to register?
On a bad day does it even take on a mind of it's own and when you select a card it tries to play a Kibitzer !! :D?
or maybe it tries to grab a card from the Opps hand ?(wise mouse it knows you really do need that Ace to make your contract ;D )

If you are saying yes to any of these aggravating / making playing a nightmare situations then the answer is simple

Uninstall the Optical Driver

oh sure you'll lose the 'hot keys' but hey you managed for years without those . It will still scroll just fine .

Now just sit back, relax and enjoy BBO just the way Fred intended
Maureen
Founder/Manager
Beginner Intermediate Lounge (BIL) on BBO
Join on BIL Bridge

#2 User is offline   JRG 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2003-July-18, 20:50

I have an optical mouse and have no problems with BBO.

HOWEVER, it is on a Mac (I have a PowerBook) and I run BBO under emulation using Virtual PC. So my experience probably doesn't count.

BUT, before I nuked my wife's notebook PC and gave her mine in exchance, I used the same optical mouse on my notebook PC, and hand no trouble.

For what it is worth, the optical mouse is a Logitech one.
JRG

#3 User is offline   Rhutobello 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2003-July-19, 02:32

I had those problems you describe Hallway, very anoying ones too.If I stayed long on the game, more than 2 hour, I had to restart my PC in order to play.

I asked for a cure here on the community, and it was:

Deselect most of the sound options in your profile on BBO, and yes it works. I now only have 1 marker for sound and no more problem with sticky mouse :D

But on the other hand your cure could also be the right one . ;D ;D
Edvin say "a smile a day keep the doctor away"

#4 User is offline   Cave_Draco 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2003-July-19, 18:42

I tend to keep a reserve mouse, ;D.

Under PnP, I can unplug one & plug in a spare, if it still misbehaves... it ain't the mouse!

Mice do require regular cleaning, there is a standard symptom indicating a mouse in need of cleaning... a throw away gesture with the mouse hand/claw.
"I know that there is only one power worth having. That is the power, not to take, but to accept; not to have, but to give."

#5 User is offline   Rain 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2003-July-20, 04:42

Logitech is the best mouse ever. Just because of the mouse, I'm going to try its other products!

:D

Rain
"More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits."

John Nelson.

#6 User is offline   Laird 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2003-July-20, 07:05

Hi Maureen

Had the same problem for a while...got a wee screw driver and opened it up... lo and behold fluff wrapped around the wee rollers...just cleaned it and away it went quite happily :-)

John
UDCA...'You take the High Road an I'll take the Low Road'...

#7 User is offline   hallway 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Founder/Manager - Beginner Intermediate Lounge (BIL) on BBO

Posted 2003-July-20, 17:29

No fluff John - had there been it would not otherwise work in ALL other programmes :B) (I had checked though !!)

Obviously my type - Genius Netscroll Optical PS2 - with 'hot keys' enabled gets itself in a tizz on BBO.

It behaves perfectly now on the default driver - I just can't use the 'hot keys' on it - which is no bother really. And noooo I did not have both drivers optimised at the same time :)

I don't know whether we can buy the brand JohnG/Rain recommend here in NZ - will have a look.
Maureen
Founder/Manager
Beginner Intermediate Lounge (BIL) on BBO
Join on BIL Bridge

#8 User is offline   Laird 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2003-July-21, 01:37

Hi Maureen

Yes I see what you mean..... my mouse is still wayward after I cleaned it, but seems time related. If you use it for 2 hours say, it becomes "wayward". Type of mouse... 'Genius Netscroll +' B)

Guess I too will have to try deselecting some sound options or select default driver, hope it works..... will be back if it doesnt :)

John
UDCA...'You take the High Road an I'll take the Low Road'...

#9 User is offline   skrshawk 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Doubling everything... there's nothing in life that shouldn't be doubled... except for, well... um....

Posted 2003-July-21, 05:20

My experience as a more traditional gamer says you are best off with the best optical mouse you can find that you can use with a PS/2 port. USB mice lag tremendously (many of Microsoft's mouse offerings have an adapter for PS/2 use).

Trust me, if it will help you get a higher frag count it will do wonders for your everyday computing (and from the sounds of it, your online bridge game too B).

Take care,
John
John Chodan (skrshawk)
Administrator, BridgeBase Forums

#10 User is offline   JRG 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2003-July-21, 09:41

My experience as a more traditional gamer says you are best off with the best optical mouse you can find that you can use with a PS/2 port. USB mice lag tremendously (many of Microsoft's mouse offerings have an adapter for PS/2 use).

Trust me, if it will help you get a higher frag count it will do wonders for your everyday computing (and from the sounds of it, your online bridge game too B).

Take care,
John

My PowerBook G4 doesn't have a PS/2 port -- and I don't want it to get one :-)
JRG

#11 User is offline   andych 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2003-November-26, 12:00

The scroll on my mouse did not work in BBO (chat window, table window, etc) but in other software.

Any trick to make it work or it is not supported in BBO.

If it is not supported, grateful if it could be supported in next version.

;D ;D

#12 User is offline   bhugi 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2003-November-27, 00:51

Logitech is the best mouse ever. Just because of the mouse, I'm going to try its other products!

B)

Rain

heeee I am using a Logitech mouse too ~~~
mismouse frequency dramatically drops! ;D

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users