• You cannot reply to this topic

I thought this was tricky

#21 User is offline   kenrexford 

• Brain Farts and Actual Farts Increasing with Age
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:www.limadbc.blogspot.com editor/contributor

Posted 2015-December-06, 09:12

This specific layout also is improved with a small trick. Works when hearts and diamonds also. Smolen new minor.

With this, Responder, after a transfer, bids the other minor if he is two suit. This allows the specific instance of major and diamonds to go through 3C and then stop at 3D.
"Gibberish in, gibberish out. A trial judge, three sets of lawyers, and now three appellate judges cannot agree on what this law means. And we ask police officers, prosecutors, defense lawyers, and citizens to enforce or abide by it? The legislature continues to write unreadable statutes. Gibberish should not be enforced as law."

-P.J. Painter.

#22 User is offline   jogs 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:student of the game

Posted 2015-December-06, 17:27

Bergen recommended that opener rebid more than 2 with 4-card support.

Therefore his 2 rebid shows 2 or 3 spades. Using Bergen responses to Jacoby any further bid by you would be anti-percentage.

#23 User is offline   kenrexford 

• Brain Farts and Actual Farts Increasing with Age
  • Interests:www.limadbc.blogspot.com editor/contributor

Posted 2015-December-06, 20:00

View Postjogs, on 2015-December-06, 17:27, said:

Bergen recommended that opener rebid more than 2 with 4-card support.

Therefore his 2 rebid shows 2 or 3 spades. Using Bergen responses to Jacoby any further bid by you would be anti-percentage.

I didn't realize that you need a 10 card fit for game in a major.
"Gibberish in, gibberish out. A trial judge, three sets of lawyers, and now three appellate judges cannot agree on what this law means. And we ask police officers, prosecutors, defense lawyers, and citizens to enforce or abide by it? The legislature continues to write unreadable statutes. Gibberish should not be enforced as law."

-P.J. Painter.

#24 User is offline   straube 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-December-06, 21:11

View Postgwnn, on 2015-December-02, 16:49, said:

Honestly, I'm not sure. I played this treatment for a while but it didn't come up enough times for me to gather personal experience. It is a nice extra for opener's pov that responder will bid 3m on 5-4 or 5-5 so maybe it's a good idea to reject with 2N at least some of the time. Yea I'm copping out.

2N should be maximum and doubleton. Meckwell and others play this. One of the advantages of 1N-2C, 2X-2S is being able to make lighter invites without getting too high. Opener's rebid of 2N caters to the possibility that responder was bidding constructively on the hope of a fit. After 2N, responder may "show" a constructive hand by passing or he may rebid 3m with a second 5-cd suit or 3S to show 6. With full invitational strength, responder would instead place the contract in 3N or 4S depending...

Some folks play 1N-2D, 2H-2S as GI hearts. They have similar continuations...

2N-no fit, minimum
3C-no fit, maximum, nf
.....3D-to play
3D-counter-try with fit
3H-minimum with fit

#25 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2015-December-09, 05:23

View Posteagles123, on 2015-December-02, 16:09, said:

none vul imps i just thought this was quite an awkward hand

in spoilers what I did, crucify me if you like

Spoiler

Thanks

Eagles

So far no one can grant you a real better solution.Obviously the common method can't solve this problem,so the discussion above made no any sense !
You should need a good gadget. Here I tell you a good convention,its name is " unbalanced 2" convention which come from Tallahassee Expert Standard Bridge System,its author is Robert S. Todd,a American expert.
It goes :
1NT - 2
2X - 2*

2 says : partner,I have invitational 5-card suit with unbalanced hand,let me play 2 should be better than your playing 2NT if you hold mini hand."
I believe that actually many of experts on bbf should have some good methods for sure, they are unwilling to say it, usually this still is fee collection course.2 also is a specific system bid.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users