#1 User is offline   deep 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-October-29, 13:29

5 Major Diamond 4°
tournament machpoint

2SA = 5- 5 minor
What better bid for South
I think 5 but i dont know, because 5 is cue bid 1° round and i have cuebid 2°round.
what i do?
ty at all for help me.

#2 User is offline   kenrexford 

• Brain Farts and Actual Farts Increasing with Age
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:www.limadbc.blogspot.com editor/contributor

Posted 2015-October-29, 13:46

6H
"Gibberish in, gibberish out. A trial judge, three sets of lawyers, and now three appellate judges cannot agree on what this law means. And we ask police officers, prosecutors, defense lawyers, and citizens to enforce or abide by it? The legislature continues to write unreadable statutes. Gibberish should not be enforced as law."

-P.J. Painter.

#3 User is offline   wank 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-October-29, 13:48

you have a slam drive so you want to ascertain if 7 is making or not. the way to do that is to draw attention to the hearts by bidding 5. this will get partner to value the king. you might still not get to 7 though when it's right.

#4 User is offline   WesleyC 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-October-29, 21:02

I agree with the other posters that this hand is certainly worth forcing to slam force, and that you should at least suggest bidding 7 along the way.

Without complex agreements I'd prefer to advance with 6C as an unambiguous grand slam try.

#5 User is offline   all loomis 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-October-30, 23:26

just bid 6 s's. bidding 7 in a competitive action with singles everywhere does not pay.

#6 User is offline   lycier 

Posted 2015-October-31, 01:45

After 4,south should know they have a good 6 or 7 contract.Save room as possible as,cuebid 5,then let partner go on cuebid.

#7 User is offline   rhm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-October-31, 07:25

View Postkenrexford, on 2015-October-29, 13:46, said:

6H

Hard to construct a hand where hearts will play better than spades here. Even if partner is 4-4 in the majors, I would worry about hearts not breaking well for us.

Rainer Herrmann

#8 User is offline   jogs 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:student of the game

Posted 2015-October-31, 11:26

4?? What does 4 mean?

#9 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-November-02, 15:17

View Postjogs, on 2015-October-31, 11:26, said:

4?? What does 4 mean?

Pretty sure everyone is assuming it is a splinter absent any comment to the contrary. Do you play it differently?
(-: Zel :-)

#10 User is offline   kenrexford 

Posted 2015-November-02, 18:27

View Postrhm, on 2015-October-31, 07:25, said:

Hard to construct a hand where hearts will play better than spades here. Even if partner is 4-4 in the majors, I would worry about hearts not breaking well for us.

Rainer Herrmann

Really? How about something not all that tricky, like 5H/3S, where a 4-1 split in spades can be handled by ruffing one spade?
"Gibberish in, gibberish out. A trial judge, three sets of lawyers, and now three appellate judges cannot agree on what this law means. And we ask police officers, prosecutors, defense lawyers, and citizens to enforce or abide by it? The legislature continues to write unreadable statutes. Gibberish should not be enforced as law."

-P.J. Painter.

#11 User is offline   cherdano 

Posted 2015-November-02, 18:34

View Postwank, on 2015-October-29, 13:48, said:

you have a slam drive so you want to ascertain if 7 is making or not. the way to do that is to draw attention to the hearts by bidding 5. this will get partner to value the king. you might still not get to 7 though when it's right.

Don't mean to be picking on you - when I see a post from you I disagree with, I am just surprised, so feel the need to respond.

I like natural slam tries more than most, but even for me 5 would just be a cuebid here. Plus I don't think partner needs to be told to upgrade K over minor suit kings in this auction. And isn't 5 the bid we'd all make with AKx xx and a slam try?

I like the 6 cuebid - tells partner to devalue a club void, we will find out about A, and if partner has both major suit kings plus A I think he'll go on over 6-6-6.
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#12 User is offline   cherdano 

Posted 2015-November-02, 18:35

View Postkenrexford, on 2015-November-02, 18:27, said:

Really? How about something not all that tricky, like 5H/3S, where a 4-1 split in spades can be handled by ruffing one spade?

For the rest of us, 4 promises short clubs and 4+ spades.
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#13 User is offline   wank 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-November-02, 18:54

View Postcherdano, on 2015-November-02, 18:34, said:

Don't mean to be picking on you - when I see a post from you I disagree with, I am just surprised, so feel the need to respond.

I like natural slam tries more than most, but even for me 5 would just be a cuebid here. Plus I don't think partner needs to be told to upgrade K over minor suit kings in this auction. And isn't 5 the bid we'd all make with AKx xx and a slam try?

I like the 6 cuebid - tells partner to devalue a club void, we will find out about A, and if partner has both major suit kings plus A I think he'll go on over 6-6-6.

i was mainly wanting to show we don't have the diamond ace, lest partner with something like kq/kj diamonds overvalues them. it's a favourable 2nt overcall so there's plenty of capacity for us to have diamond length and need secondary honours from partner. i do like that 6c will stop partner overbidding a club void, but i was thinking it will frequently go 5h-5s-6c to get both aspects across.

oh and you're welcome to pick on me. i frequently talk out of my arse. i've got no problem being pulled up on it.

#14 User is offline   kenrexford 

Posted 2015-November-02, 20:13

View Postcherdano, on 2015-November-02, 18:35, said:

For the rest of us, 4 promises short clubs and 4+ spades.

4C promises 4+ spades for me, except in competition like this. If you wait around for 4-card spade fits only, you end up with a heck of a lot of ambiguous cue support calls, IMO. With Kxx KJxxx Axxx x, I am supposed to make some ambiguous 3D unusual vs unusual cue? Please.

-P.J. Painter.

#15 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-November-03, 04:37

If you want to try for grand bid 6 if partner bids 6 we have 7 on. I don't see how partner could splinter without Kings on both majors, but even if he misses one of them they are likely onside.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users