BBO Discussion Forums: Has U.S. Democracy Been Trumped? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 1079 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Has U.S. Democracy Been Trumped? Bernie Sanders wants to know who owns America?

#21561 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted Today, 18:22

View PostAl Phalpha, on 2024-June-30, 17:57, said:

I am compelled to ask: Assuming Biden is re-elected and subsequently becomes totally incapacitated, are you guys content with Kamala Harris as POTUS?

Brief answer: No

I am not all that prepared to answer a lot of questions about Kamala Harris, just as I have seldom been prepared to answer questions about any vice-president in previous admiinistrations.I could do some research and have a more informed opinion, but I expect that my answer then would be a better informed No.
Ken

#21562 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted Today, 18:50

View PostAl Phalpha, on 2024-June-30, 17:57, said:

I am compelled to ask: Assuming Biden is re-elected and subsequently becomes totally incapacitated, are you guys content with Kamala Harris as POTUS?

Not my top choice, but I certainly don't consider her grossly unqualified unlike, say, Trump
Alderaan delenda est

#21563 User is offline   Al Phalpha 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted Today, 19:05

View Posthrothgar, on 2024-June-30, 18:50, said:

Not my top choice, but I certainly don't consider her grossly unqualified unlike, say, Trump

Just for the sake of argument: You say that Trump is "grossly unqualified". Exactly what do you see in Harris that makes her more qualified?

#21564 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted Today, 20:03

I logged on intending to edit my respone, but hrothgar already included my edit. I much prefer Kammala Harris to Donald Trump. P prefer anyone or maybe anything to Donald Trump. Kamala Harris has her limits,we all do, but she is not a self-centerd rager bent on lies and revenge. Trump is.

If Biden stays on the ticket it seems clear he will lose, so the question about Harris having to take over from Biden halfway through his second terms is pretty specuulative. But if it goes that way, Harris it is. .Not Trump.

Added: Here is my favorite story about vice-presidents althought I cannot vouch for its accuracy. I voted for the first time in 1960, Kennedy versus Nixon. I heard that some reporter asked Eisenhower to list some good things Nixon had done while serving as Ike's Veep. Ike told the reported to come back in a wek or so, Ike was sure he would by then be able to come up with something.
Ken

• 1079 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

106 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 106 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Facebook