BBO Discussion Forums: Are BBO Masterpoints different than the ones I win at the local club? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Are BBO Masterpoints different than the ones I win at the local club?

#1 User is offline   rebeccarab 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-June-16, 16:20

Are the Masterpoints you win playing on Bridge Base Online different than the Masterpoints you win at the local Duplicate Bridge club that show up on the ACBL website?
In other words, if I won MPs on BBO would they be added to my ACBL total?

#2 User is offline   Jacki 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Guests

Posted 2015-June-16, 18:08

The answer is, Yes and No.

The points you win at any club are usually black points. In special games they could be a Silver, Red or at very special games even Gold points.

The points you win online are colorless points. That's the difference.

Supposing you have the right number of pigmented points, Gold/Platinum, Red, Silver, Black then all you need to reach the next level is any number of the points required to reach your advance in rank. These will include the points you win online.

So to sum it up: The point you win in a sanctioned ACBL game on BBO is equal to a point you win anywhere. Advancing to the next level requires a number of colored (pigmented) points, in addition to the required number of 'regular' points. There is no longer a limit to the number of points won online that can be used to advance in an ACBL rank. A point is a point is a point, wherever you win that point.

Jacki :)

#3 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-June-16, 19:21

But BBO Masterpoints are certainly not the same thing as ACBL Masterpoints won on BBO.

#4 User is offline   ArtK78 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Poker, participatory and spectator sports.
    Occupation - Tax Attorney in Atlantic City, NJ.

Posted 2015-June-17, 05:32

Another difference between ACBL masterpoints won online and ACBL masterpoints won at clubs (or anywhere else) is that online masterpoints do not count towards any annual masterpoint competitions except for the online masterpoints races. So, for example, the ACBL points that I win on BBO do not count in the total points listed for me in the national, District and Unit races in my category.

As for other BBO masterpoints, they do not count for anything in the ACBL. They only appear in the total BBO masterpoints won in the lists published on BBO.

#5 User is offline   rebeccarab 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2015-June-18, 12:15

Thanks for all the great info!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users