Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

interesting bidding sequence

#1 User is offline   DonMario 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-January-29, 03:34

I just wanted to share an interesting (funny??) bidding sequence that I used recently with my regular partner in a local club tournament.

The normal sequence with standard conventions would probably have been

1H - 2NT (Jacoby)- 3S (short)- 4NT (KC asking) - 5D (0 or 3) - 6H (no need to ask for the Q with one ace missing)

We have modified our system to bid hands that are the same strength as 2NT but with a singleton or void to be 1H-2S ( it can also be 5-6 hcp still with 4-card H, a sort of semi Bergen block.
This allows us to bid splinter with 9-11 hcp with no particular interest in slam.

We also use 4S for KC asking in H when there is no possible ambiguity.

Finally we use a five steps answer to KC asking where the fifth step is 3+Q (second step is 0 possibly with Q or 3 without Q)

So our bidding sequence went

1H - 2S - 3S - 4S - 5S - 6H.

Needless to say that we alerted and explained the bids to our opponents, lest they think we had lost our mind...

#2 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-January-29, 03:49

I've also added more responses to my RCKW structure, also adding to the mix 2+ void into the 3/0 response for weak openings.

#3 User is offline   fromageGB 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-January-29, 07:58

A nice spade sequence, 4 in a row. I could nearly do that (2 is jacoby for me and can show a shortage later) but we would bid 3NT after 3 to see if the shortage was void or singleton before ace asking with 4. How does your asker know whether the missing ace was not in spades with that offset by a spade void?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users