BBO Discussion Forums: Sometimes its better not get out of bed - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sometimes its better not get out of bed

#1 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-November-02, 16:17

First time on my local club that my opponents bid 2 grand slams in 1 session, but all has an explanation, we had new deals, and old people here don't like shuffling. I was awaiting to see a ahnd with A1062 K95 Q84 J73, but instead I got these 2:

My 2 bid was not a piece of beuty, but the old lady splintering on the singleton on the unbid suit instead of the void was really awesome. I led A of course.

Second one is also great, how many times have you seen both partners using blackwood?

#2 User is offline   GreenMan 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-November-02, 16:51

View PostFluffy, on 2013-November-02, 16:17, said:

Second one is also great, how many times have you seen both partners using blackwood?

Had it done against me at a local tournament last year. LHO opens 2 and rebids 2NT; RHO transfers into spades, bids 4 Gerber, doesn't like the answer, and signs off in 4. LHO decides not enough has been done and bids 4NT Blackwood.

And if I told you even half of the post-mortem you would swear I was making it up.
If you put an accurate skill level in your profile, you get a bonus 5% extra finesses working. --johnu

#3 User is offline   ggwhiz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-November-02, 18:04

Awesome hands!

My teammates once had an auction that reached gerber followed by blackwood followed by more gerber followed by more blackwood. Finally realizing it was off the rails, bid 7nt making with 5 heart tricks on AKQTx opposite a stiff on the hook. I kid them about inventing check back blackwood to this day.
When a deaf person goes to court is it still called a hearing?
What is baby oil made of?

#4 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-November-03, 03:42

You use hand-dealing at your local club? How quaint.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#5 User is offline   aguahombre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-November-03, 05:05

View PostVampyr, on 2013-November-03, 03:42, said:

You use hand-dealing at your local club? How quaint.

At $4,000 U.S. a pop for the Shufflemaster and related items to make it work, many clubs which don't operate on much or any profit stay quaint. Sharing or "buying" predealt hands still requires expenses..open-up boards, etc., and is not exactly convenient in areas where there are not a lot of other clubs close by.

There are services on-line to retrieve predealt hands, but then someone has to prepare them for play (and not play); or a movement has to be truncated with boards not played by all to allow duplication by the players.
"Bidding Spades to show spades can work well." (Kenberg)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users