BBO Discussion Forums: Gonna be taking a short trip to London... - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gonna be taking a short trip to London... Any decent clubs?

#1 User is offline   RunemPard 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge...some other things too I suppose.

Posted 2013-November-01, 11:30

Will be taking a trip to London this coming Sunday-Tuesday. If anyone who lives in the area knows of any decent clubs that would gladly accept a Swedish pair for an evening please recommend here! If anyone from the forums lives close to London and would like to play a session at a club feel free to ask as well. That would be fun! :)

Thanks,

Don
The American Swede of BBF...I eat my meatballs with blueberries, okay?
Junior - Always looking for new partners to improve my play with..I have my fair share of brilliancy and blunders.

"Did your mother really marry a Mr Head and name her son Richard?" - jillybean

#2 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-November-01, 22:28

The Young Chelsea Bridge Club, the Acol Club and TGR's would be the obvious options. They all have websites, and all would be welcoming to a Swedish pair.

The first one is the one I would recommend, but they are in temporary premises and cannot, at present, serve alcohol; if this is a problem for you, then the YC will not be the best fit.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#3 User is offline   Zelandakh 

Posted 2013-November-02, 19:29

Andrew Robson's club would also be an obvious choice. My personal experience of YCBC was extremely negative but that was a long time ago.
(-: Zel :-)

#4 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2013-November-03, 02:41

View PostZelandakh, on 2013-November-02, 19:29, said:

Andrew Robson's club would also be an obvious choice. My personal experience of YCBC was extremely negative but that was a long time ago.

Andrew Robson's club is not meant for "advanced" players, and has its own regulations separate to those of the EBU -- eg no alerts, all announcements. Calling the director is discouraged, and penalties for things like leads out of turn are expected to be waived. But it is a large club, and non-members are allowed one visit, so you might want to try it. I am not positive that they allow systems other than Acol with small variations; I would ring or email to be sure. Apparently they have a game with dinner on Monday evenings; that might be fun.

I don't know the above poster's problem with the YC, but it has long been known as the best club in London. There are ten or so club members on these forums.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users