• You cannot reply to this topic

NAP Q 61% :)

#21 User is offline   TimG 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-August-07, 19:55

View Postjillybean, on 2012-August-07, 11:36, said:

Here's the full hand :blink:

When the points don't add up and partner has made a penalty double, you can be pretty sure it's one of the opponents that doesn't have his bid.

#22 User is offline   chasetb 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-August-07, 22:30

There is a point to be made here - West only has 3 HCP (not the 7-10 HCP here needed to bid 1NT) so the penalty double pays dividends. I would have bid 1 - while I only have 3 of them, nobody penalizes at the 1-level. :D

On a side note, District 5 staggers the GNT qualifiers, but they have all 3 NAP flights on the same weekend (this year, I turn 25 on the Sunday). I'm interested in any flight (my partner moved back home to Toronto, so I'm currently partnerless), but I should probably stay in Flight C. After all, I have a great chance with any partner of finishing first, and I have to defend my title from last year. :lol:
"It's not enough to win the tricks that belong to you. Try also for some that belong to the opponents."

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself."

"One advantage of bad bidding is that you get practice at playing atrocious contracts."

-Alfred Sheinwold

#23 User is offline   CSGibson 

• Tubthumper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, pool, financial crime. New experiences, new people.

Posted 2012-August-07, 23:11

View Postchasetb, on 2012-August-07, 22:30, said:

There is a point to be made here - West only has 3 HCP (not the 7-10 HCP here needed to bid 1NT) so the penalty double pays dividends. I would have bid 1 - while I only have 3 of them, nobody penalizes at the 1-level. :D

On a side note, District 5 staggers the GNT qualifiers, but they have all 3 NAP flights on the same weekend (this year, I turn 25 on the Sunday). I'm interested in any flight (my partner moved back home to Toronto, so I'm currently partnerless), but I should probably stay in Flight C. After all, I have a great chance with any partner of finishing first, and I have to defend my title from last year. :lol:

Watch out for Ken & Wendy Gibson - my parents are also aiming for D5 flight C NAP...
Chris Gibson

#24 User is offline   P_Marlowe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-August-08, 07:11

Pass.

I did promise an opening bid, I have an opening bid.

And good luck.

With kind regards
Marlowe
With kind regards
Uwe Gebhardt (P_Marlowe)

#25 User is offline   neilkaz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Backgammon, Bridge, Hockey

Posted 2012-August-08, 12:02

Congratz Kathryn !! and GLITR.

Anyhow, and noting that low level contracts aren't doubled nearly enough nowadays, this would've been a good time to pass.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users