• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Full Disclosure, robot style

#41 User is offline   nathan2008 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-April-03, 10:45

View PostVampyr, on 2012-April-02, 17:56, said:

Oh, I didn't realise. I was told in another thread that the ACBL games are much more popular, but not the reason.

You only see Leo Lasota opens 1nt with 5413 14HCP, but do u see how he plays? I still remember in a game, i played same hands as him. When i checked the boards, he found the play to block the suit which i failed. I was very impressed in that. please think more and then make comments. BBO is really the best software to play online bridge. All my friends stop playing other bridge softwares when they start playing on BBO.

#42 User is offline   pigpenz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-April-03, 11:10

View Postnathan2008, on 2012-April-03, 10:45, said:

You only see Leo Lasota opens 1nt with 5413 14HCP, but do u see how he plays? I still remember in a game, i played same hands as him. When i checked the boards, he found the play to block the suit which i failed. I was very impressed in that. please think more and then make comments. BBO is really the best software to play online bridge. All my friends stop playing other bridge softwares when they start playing on BBO.

I think you see other people are tending to be a little more brave.....but he does play his cards better, he should he has a star by his name :unsure:
Just as in the past people didnt like opening a NT with a 5 card major, now its done with out thinking....there are lot of hands where if you open 1NT the bots dont even get into the auction cost of the rigidity?(of their system over NT).

How many times have you been in 1NT when the hand belongs to the opponents, it turns out quite a bit.
One thing I have noticed it is almost never right to let the bots open 1NT and pass it out...it seems like
your almost always heading for -120....but lots of times if you can balance you can get out for less than -120.

#43 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-April-03, 13:28

View PostBbradley62, on 2012-April-03, 08:40, said:

That would also be difficult (though not impossible) to measure. I'm sure the size of ACBL games varies largely based on the time in the US... non-ACBL games run more frequently... non-ACBL games have fewer boards and are speedball, which might be contributing factors having nothing to do with ACBL masterpoints.

He was asking to compare with non-ACBL robot tourneys, not human tourneys, so there's no speedball/slowball difference. The only ones to compare with are the $0.25 BBO robot tourneys.

But we don't have apples-vs-apple comparisons. The BBO robot tourneys are only 8 boards, compared to 12 for ACBL tourneys.

My usual style is just to play in whatever type of tourney is starting soonest. But if different tourneys are starting within a couple of minutes of each other, I'll prefer the ACBL tourney: it's more boards, and it awards masterpoints. I don't care a lot about masterpoints, but if I'm going to play anyway I might as well try to get something out of it. And I prefer longer matches (I'll play an 18 board match if it starts soon).

Others may play in the non-ACBL games because they're only about $0.03 per board, compared with $0.08 for the ACBL games. But these games are all so inexpensive that the price difference has little effect on me.

The other reason to play in the non-ACBL games is there are some IMP games; everything else is matchpoints.

#44 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-April-12, 17:37

View PostVampyr, on 2012-April-01, 16:13, said:

Now, these and similar issues may or may not be "bridge", but if they are, then number 3 is, unfortunately, cheating.
ting

LoL

You didnt really mean this, did you ?
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#45 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-April-13, 09:25

View PostMrAce, on 2012-April-12, 17:37, said:

LoL

You didnt really mean this, did you ?

Sorry, not allowed to comment.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users