• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-November-13, 13:15

Natural 5°Major diamond 4°

1° first hand - 2Weak

Is good bid 3 or better pass?

2° hand

3is good or better pass?

Ty at all for help me because i want to improve :)

#2 User is offline   nigel_k 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-November-13, 13:26

I would pass the first and go to 3 if pushed. But an immediate 3 would be ok too.

On the second I would definitely raise.

#3 User is offline   dake50 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-November-13, 13:54

1st. Pass and double any contract opponents try.
A little aggressive.
2nd. Surely raise as I have 4-support for partner.
And the SQ rates useful and a S-ruff may help.
3H hoping partner goes 4H as I think game is close.

#4 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2011-November-13, 14:01

I think I like 3 on both hands, but the first one is probably a 'book' pass. I really hate pass on the second hand. I would understand if someone wanted to bid 4 on it.
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#5 User is offline   aguahombre 

Posted 2011-November-13, 15:38

On first one, a general rule (to start with and then deviate later) would be to add your 3 hearts to the six your partner has, and bid to the level equal to that....nine=3-level.

Letting the opponents have the rest of the 2-level and some of the 3-level to act when you have a nine-card fit can't be profitable over the long run.
"Bidding Spades to show spades can work well." (Kenberg)

#6 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-November-13, 15:54

1-3

2-3
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#7 User is offline   han 

• Under bidder

Posted 2011-November-13, 15:55

View Postaguahombre, on 2011-November-13, 15:38, said:

On first one, a general rule (to start with and then deviate later) would be to add your 3 hearts to the six your partner has, and bid to the level equal to that....nine=3-level.

Letting the opponents have the rest of the 2-level and some of the 3-level to act when you have a nine-card fit can't be profitable over the long run.

I don't agree with this general guideline. Here you are 4333 with three small hearts and a decent number of high card points. If you pass you might just buy it in 2H. Or maybe the opponents bid a minor. Certainly with 4 spades I would pass, here I can see bidding because your spades are relatively weak.
Please note: I am interested in boring, bog standard, 2/1.

- hrothgar

#8 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2011-November-13, 15:58

View Posthan, on 2011-November-13, 15:55, said:

I don't agree with this general guideline. Here you are 4333 with three small hearts and a decent number of high card points. If you pass you might just buy it in 2H. Or maybe the opponents bid a minor. Certainly with 4 spades I would pass, here I can see bidding because your spades are relatively weak.

I don't understand what you don't agree with. All Aguahombre said was he would usually raise to 3 if he has 3 hearts. That's what a general guideline means. If you see 3 as reasonable here (even though it is one of the worse hands with 3 hearts), it means you more or less agree with the guideline, no?
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#9 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-November-13, 16:06

View Posthan, on 2011-November-13, 15:55, said:

Actually i am much more happy to raise with this type of hand than with a weaker hand.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#10 User is offline   Yu18772 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-November-14, 20:11

1) 3 - we are nv, they are vul, if the vulnerability had been the other way I would pass. I dont necessarily expect to make 3, but to make the choice for opponents more difficult, thus I am not a fan of delaying the preempt. If you dont preempt immediately you just letting them get more information to choose more wisely wether to double you or not.....which kind of looses the point of putting pressure on their bidding.

2) 3, although Q seems wasted, Q single looks like gold.
Posted Image
Yehudit Hasin

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users