3, KQ6, A9864, KT74

The auction (starting on your left, and only opps bid):

1=1
1NT=2
2=4
AP

What do you lead and why?
Bridge Personality: 44 44 43 34

Never tell the same lie twice. - Elim Garek on the real moral of "The boy who cried wolf"

#2 User is offline   Hanoi5 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Video Games, Languages, Travelling.

Posted 2011-May-10, 19:30

It's a really ugly hand to lead from. I don't want to lead my singleton spade, a heart could go into AJ and a club could be dangerous. I don't like it that much but I'll take my chances at A.

View Postwyman, on 2012-May-04, 09:48, said:

Also, he rates to not have a heart void when he leads the 3.

View Postrbforster, on 2012-May-20, 21:04, said:

Besides playing for fun, most people also like to play bridge to win

My YouTube Channel

#3 User is offline   kayin801 

• Modern Day Trebuchet Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-May-10, 20:35

Low systemic , by process of elimination. Not thrilled about it but not distressed about it either.
I once yelled at my partner for discarding the 'wrong' card when he was subjected to a squeeze that I allowed by giving the wrong count with too high a card. Now he's allowed to pitch aces when the opponents have the king in the dummy. At trick 2. When he could have followed suit. And blame me.

East4Evil sohcahtoa 4ever!!!!!1

#4 User is offline   CSGibson 

• Tubthumper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, pool, financial crime. New experiences, new people.

Posted 2011-May-11, 00:29

Ace of diamonds.

Partner should be broke on this auction, so I don't gain anything from leading away from my honors - a club is out. I don't want to pickle partner's hoped-for 4 card spade holding, so a trump is out. opener bid a club instead of a diamond, which in my part of the world generally means that he has at most 3 diamonds (unless he's 4=5 in the minors, but I'll discount that for now), so I don't think I'm setting up too many minor suit pitches for righty by leading my ace, and even if I am, it's possible that righty had those pitches anyway because my club card is sitting right for them.

I'm hoping to get a diamond, two hearts, and a spade out of this.
Chris Gibson

#5 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-May-11, 00:40

A for me, not only because there is a danger of our tricks going bye bye on , but also pd is likely to have 4 cards trump, i would like to tap declarer if we can. A will allow us to study the dummy also.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#6 User is offline   gnasher 

• Andy Bowles
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-May-11, 01:14

Has anyone noticed anything odd about the auction?
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn

#7 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-May-11, 01:48

View Postgnasher, on 2011-May-11, 01:14, said:

Has anyone noticed anything odd about the auction?

You mean bidding game after NF 2 ? Perhaps they dont play checkback or nmf...idk.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#8 User is offline   Free 

• mmm Duvel
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2011-May-11, 02:19

View PostHanoi5, on 2011-May-10, 19:30, said:

It's a really ugly hand to lead from. I don't want to lead my singleton spade, a heart could go into AJ and a club could be dangerous. I don't like it that much but I'll take my chances at A.

My thoughts exactly, with a small addition that I have bad experiences with underleading the Ace from a 5 card suit, so that's out to.
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe

#9 User is offline   whereagles 

• Interests:Everything!

Posted 2011-May-11, 04:19

My feeling is to lead the singleton trump, so that's what I do. Opps are going to have a hard time setting up suits, so trump lead seems right. Might blow a trick, but that's the sort of trick that usually comes back with interest.

#10 User is offline   BunnyGo 

• Lamentable Bunny
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-May-11, 14:03

Thanks for your thoughts. I decided to underlead the Ace. I got lucky this time finding my partner with Kx of diamonds and declarer and dummy with 3 each. But I thought that it was still probably the "wrong" lead, and that I just got lucky.
Bridge Personality: 44 44 43 34

Never tell the same lie twice. - Elim Garek on the real moral of "The boy who cried wolf"

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users