Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Completion rate how are they calculated

#1 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-February-09, 02:12

I am frequently asked by new players why they are blocked in tourneys or at tables to play and how the required completion rate is calculated. I searched but could not find the actual algorithm BBO is using to give players a completion rate.

If this forum was the wrong place for this question feel free to move the post.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-February-09, 19:27

See here

#3 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-February-11, 07:16

Just to be sure I got it right...

TCRs are tracked on a rolling 60 days basis, and include all tournaments played on BBO. A minimum of 10 tournament entries is needed before a TCR score can be computed.
MCRs are tracked on a rolling 30 day basis, and includes all normal club hands played in BBO. A minimum of 10 hands begun is needed before a MCR score can be computed.

This means that a player that did NOT participate in 10 tournaments during the last 60 days will lose his TCR and a player NOT playing at a table for more than 30 days will lose his MCR?

Casual players on BBO will not be able to have a completion rate though they might complete every board and every tourney they ever started and will be treated the same way as someone having a completion rate of 0?

#4 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-February-11, 14:06

Yes, that's exactly my problem. "But you can play robot tourneys, free and always available, and get your TCR up."
Yeah, well, for those who find that just about as exciting and "useful because the system tells you it is" as Gold Farming,...

I've never understood the rolling nature, except to exclude prior bad performance. I don't see why it should punish prior exemplary performance. But either I follow the rules set or I don't - no worries, I guess.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-February-11, 15:23

The idea is to judge you on your recent behavior, good or bad.

#6 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-February-11, 17:53

barmar, on 2013-February-11, 15:23, said:

The idea is to judge you on your recent behavior, good or bad.

Hope you dont mind me saying it frankly. The idea is good, the way of calculation is poor as it gives casual players and beginners a big handicap.

Shouldn't it be worth to rethink what alternatives of calculation are possible without creating such a big handicap?

Why not work with a kind of capped moving average of maximum 100 values per player where you have to keep in mind what the last average was and how many values are in? Each new event would change the rate marginal dependent on the number of values that are already in. This is maybe not 100% as accurate as the simpler algorithm but provides a rate for nearly all players and I guess still accurate enough to judge the behavior.

#7 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-February-12, 13:38

Okay, so my recent behaviour is 1 tournament in the last 30 days, and 1 completed (actually it's zero and zero, but let's go with this). I've been busy; away at real tournaments, away for my real job, when back kind of trapped into catching up on what I should have been doing.

It doesn't meet the frequency timing, but it's 100% completion, and it matches with historical precedent, which is 100% completion (well, maybe 99% - there was that one time I had a dodgy connection. Don't know if I was able to get back in time to count). The last 10 tournaments completed may have taken 6 months, but it's 100% completion.

So why am I punished for simply having a month where I'm not "frequent" enough for BBO (and yes, I realize I'm not a frequent enough user for BBO to have a completion percentage, more than 50% of the time)? I reiterate: gold farming/fetch quests.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users