Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Real name => BBO login mapping ?

#1 User is offline   sathyab 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2009-March-13, 15:02

I'm wondering if there is a way to create a list of BBO login id's given only the real names of players. I'm in the process of creating a tournament to host players who have participated in an ACBL tournament, say a District 21 regional which publishes the results of the regional on its web-site.

Thanks,

Sathya
Seeking input from anyone who doesn't frequently "wtp", "Lol" or post to merely "Agree with ..."

#2 User is offline   TylerE 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2009-March-13, 17:48

I know BBO doesn't really collect personal information. I know they DO allow players to register an ACBL number...

#3 User is offline   Rain 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2009-March-16, 16:54

If a BBOer gives an ACBL number to us, and also gives ACBL number to district 21, and you mail us the list of district 21 members in the tourney, BBO will probably be able to generate the list of real names with BBO name.

But I don't know if BBO should. Above all else, there're member privacy issues to consider. The reason for needing this list will have to be pretty compelling. If it is, you can always email Uday and ask (preferably after March 25th unless he gets eliminated too early).
"More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits."

John Nelson.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users