• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Red Sox vs. Yankees

#1 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2013-August-18, 18:52

A-Rod just got drilled by Dempster. Could have some action in this game...
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#2 User is offline   y66 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-August-22, 20:05

The Yankees are undefeated in their last 5 outings, including Sunday's game, and have won 11 of their last 14 to pull within 3 1/2 games of Oakland in the wild card race.

David Ortiz stood up for his friend Rodriguez, though, voicing disapproval of his teammate for drilling A-Rod, according to USA Today Sports. “I didn’t like it. I don’t think it was the right thing to do,” Ortiz said. “But we don’t all think alike, and the guy who did it, Dempster, is a great guy. It’s not that I didn’t think it was right because Alex and I are friends, because once you cross the white lines, everyone’s on their own. “But we’ve got Tampa right on our heels, and that pitch woke up a monster in the Yankees’ team at that moment. You saw how the game ended up. CC [Sabathia] was throwing 91 [mph] and started throwing 96. Alex later hit one way out there. You’re talking about a good team that you can’t wake up.

If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

#3 User is offline   mgoetze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sleeping, Eating

Posted 2013-August-23, 00:59

Giving A-Rod a free pass certainly decreased the Sox' chances to win. But it might actually have been good for their winning chances if Dempster had been ejected. :P I didn't notice CC throwing 96 but it's not like the Sox had any problems scoring after that incident.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"
    -- Bertrand Russell

#4 User is offline   mike777 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-August-23, 01:07

don't think the redsox have the close down pitchers needed for post season, not yet....

If Kershaw can win 2 or 3 games they only need one or two more in LA.

As for my beloved Cubs....sigh.....we are in last place but seem to have some promise for the future.

As for the entire PFd issue....idiotic.....we all take laser surgery in fact any surgery despite the fact at one time it blinded or even killed people...often.....

If it is safe, cheap and effective....ok......if not make it so...see laser surgery see any surgery. If I can take a pill for better eyesight...better memory....bring it on....

Do you make surgery when it is expensive, dangerous illegal?

I mean do no harm....et al...

Do you make a pill that saves hundreds and kills one...illegal?

medical errors kills hundreds of thousands around the world....ban medical?

hospital based infections kills hundreds of thousands around the world...ban hospital?

I mean next time you go to your local hospital ask about medical error rate, ask about infection rate?....Most of us never do and they don't post it on the internet for all of us to see.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users