• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mirror, mirror on the Wall Deja vu all over again

#1 User is offline   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2007-May-07, 21:11

Retired Marine preaches, says killing terrorists is an ‘act of love for our nation’

By Laura Followell
The Tribune-Star

TERRE HAUTE — According to retired U.S. Marine Col. J. Tyler Ryberg, the Bible contains messages about war and capital punishment. God is a powerful soldier.

Ryberg, who served in the Marines for more than 27 years, gave a sermon Sunday morning at Good Shepherd Baptist Church’s Armed Forces Day, where some of the 150 people in attendance often erupted with an “Amen!”

The colonel asked churchgoers if the global war on terrorism was a “just war” and a “God-ordained war,” which he later affirmed.

“We’re killing Islamic jihadists, bloodthirsty killers,” he said. “Peace is not an option. You don’t negotiate with bloodthirsty, jihadist killers.”

“If we do take their life, they will kill no more. It’s an act of love for our nation,” Ryberg said.

Ryberg said. “And I want to let you know our Supreme Court, they’re not supreme, only God is. And [the Bible] is the supreme law of the land, and the buck stops here.”

“There’s none other; there’s none higher; there’s none greater than our God,” Ryberg said.

Alhamdulillah
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#2 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2007-May-07, 21:25

Winstonm, on May 7 2007, 10:11 PM, said:

Retired Marine preaches, says killing terrorists is an ‘act of love for our nation’

By Laura Followell
The Tribune-Star

TERRE HAUTE — According to retired U.S. Marine Col. J. Tyler Ryberg, the Bible contains messages about war and capital punishment. God is a powerful soldier.

Ryberg, who served in the Marines for more than 27 years, gave a sermon Sunday morning at Good Shepherd Baptist Church’s Armed Forces Day, where some of the 150 people in attendance often erupted with an “Amen!”

The colonel asked churchgoers if the global war on terrorism was a “just war” and a “God-ordained war,” which he later affirmed.

“We’re killing Islamic jihadists, bloodthirsty killers,” he said. “Peace is not an option. You don’t negotiate with bloodthirsty, jihadist killers.”

“If we do take their life, they will kill no more. It’s an act of love for our nation,” Ryberg said.

Ryberg said. “And I want to let you know our Supreme Court, they’re not supreme, only God is. And [the Bible] is the supreme law of the land, and the buck stops here.”

“There’s none other; there’s none higher; there’s none greater than our God,” Ryberg said.

Alhamdulillah

With 300 million Americans you are surprised 150 may see God in this war?

#3 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2007-May-07, 22:30

Mirror mirrow on the wall....and how many terroists are there?
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#4 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2007-May-07, 23:37

Winstonm, on May 7 2007, 11:30 PM, said:

Mirror mirrow on the wall....and how many terroists are there?

enough to kill you or a buddy of yours. nuff said
When your sister/brother/uncle/best friends shot at...your attitude may expand.
When people you know in WTC on 9-11 you may expand your choices.

You constantly put some rights ahead of killing of your friends. understand....The Const. .clash..with many many rights.....nothing easyor clear.

This is real life not some random video game or some random political debate.

#5 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2007-May-08, 04:41

I actually have more concern that the authorities will arrest, beat, or shoot my sister/brother/uncle/best friend while excersing their rights than for a terrorist incident. (See Kent State).

Although I personally did not lose anyone in 9-11, my brother did have friends killed in the pentagon attack. When I am more totally convinced of who were the perptrators, I may have more outrage; however, I know my brother is on your side of the fence so having personal loss is not trivial and surely makes a difference.

That said, my point here is to show the similarites of mindset between the fundamentalist Islamics and the fundamentalist christians, both talking about killing, blood, and justifications for same based on some holy book.

I know when I voice my views that I can be wrong as well as right; somewhere along the line these people have abandoned the freedom inherent with an open mind for the psychological security of a closed one.

#6 User is offline   pbleighton 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-May-08, 05:46

enough to kill you or a buddy of yours. nuff said

You constantly put some rights ahead of killing of your friends. understand....The Const. .clash..with many many rights.....nothing easyor clear.

This is real life not some random video game or some random political debate.

This is condescending nonsense. FWIW, I live 60 miles from 9/11, and I knew people killed in it.

Hemingway described courage as grace under pressure. Think about it.

Jefferrson said "A society that will trade a little liberty for a little order will lose both, and deserve neither".

Do you think they were into video games?

Peter

#7 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-May-08, 07:59

Don't knock video games. At least those aren't REAL people that you are killing.
REAL people that believe that they are right, that their god is all-powerful, that their cause is just that the OTHERS are evil and murderers and deserve to be killed so that their own families can be safe and live in peace.

There is hell and here is a hand-basket....good luck with that.
The Grand Design, reflected in the face of Chaos...it's a fluke!

#8 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2007-May-08, 18:12

It baffles me that when fundamentalists are presented with simple examples such as this they cannot acknowledge that what they are looking at is the other side of their own face.

Usually what I hear are justifications for how "their" view is "different" and therefore righteous.

Osama bin Laden is not on the FBI top ten most wanted list, which seems odd. But when querried about this oddity, the FBI says they have no evidence that bin Laden was behind 9-11.

It is difficult to hold a grudge when the perpetrators are unknown.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users